SOMETHING FOR EVERYONE AT SUNDAY’S BESTMED TSHWANE CLASSIC!October 28, 2019
TOM JENKINS ASCENT THE DECIDER AT SUNDAY’S BESTMED TSHWANE CLASSICNovember 1, 2019
Various roads in the Pretoria inner-city and in Centurion will be affected by Sunday’s staging of the Bestmed Tshwane Cycle Classic, which starts and finishes at the Voortrekker Monument.
The race starts at 05h45 and finishes at 14h00. For route maps, affected roads and alternatives, please visit www.tshwaneclassic.co.za
Program of Events at the Voortrekker Monument on 3 November 2019
- 05h45 Bestmed Tshwane Classic main race start
- 09h00 Recycling Expo opens
- 09h00: Children’s races. There is a 250m race for children 5 years and younger as well as a 5km race for pupils between 6-8 years. Moms and dads with pushchairs are also welcomed to do the 250m race with the little ones. Anything on wheels is welcome, whether driven or pushed. Children / adults in wheelchairs are also welcome and anyone can push them if they prefer.
Each participant receives a medal, a soft drink and a gift pack. Entry for the children’s races can be done at the start in front of the race village at the Monument from 08h30. Entry fee is R50.
- 10h00: 5km fun run or fun walk. Everyone is welcome to go for a walk or run on the beautiful trails within the grounds of the Monument. This year we also cater for children with disabilities who would like to walk or jog. Everyone receives a medal, soft drink and gift bag. Entries for the fun run / walk can be made at the starting point in front of the race village from 09h30. Entry fee is R50.
- 10h00: Former Deputy Minister Dr Pieter Mulder, offers a guided tour of the Voortrekker Monument and will share his incredible knowledge. The tour is limited to 50 people. Persons wishing to join the tour can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The first 50 people to send an email will be accommodated. If you do not receive the confirmation, you were too late to book. Visitors must purchase their tickets at the Monument’s ticket office before 10am. Dr Mulder will promptly start at 10h00 in front of the Avocado Deli next to the Monument’s main parking area
- 10h45: Professional Kermesse Circuit Race.
- 12h00: Prize giving of the day’s cycling. Join us to pay tribute to the heroes of the day. The awards ceremony takes place in front of the memorial garden
- 14h00 Bestmed Tshwane Classic cut-off
For more information about the race go to www.tshwaneclassic.co.za or email email@example.com
Follow the race on Facebook @tshwaneclassic